This blog is a beginning, not an end in itself. I decided it was way past time to generate a blog for trinWORDS, the editorial consulting business I have recently revived from its decade-long sleep. This venue is intended to show off my talents as an editor/wordsmith, and will begin here with a series of tips about common errors folks make (folks who should have been taught better, IMO, about the vagaries of their alleged “native language”) while trying to communicate in it. Maybe we can all learn from this; I sure hope so.
Meanwhile, It’s been pointed out that there’s not much here about me. I’ll begin with a listing of former and present (and in some case, already future-confirmed) clients for whom I have performed editing work. The list is by no means all-inclusive, but it may give an idea of the range of my capacities:
A. In production now:
Two Memoirs; One Poetry Book; Two Self-Help Volumes; Proofreading for a Major Publisher …
B. Recently Completed:
- Pleasure House, by Scarlet Darkwood (Kindle, 2013).
- Dance of Desire (novella), by Scarlet Darkwood (Kindle, 2013).
- The Zombie Cause Dictionary, by Doc Lucky Meisenheimer (LJS&S Publishing, Orlando, FL, 2013).
- Why Peace, anthology editor, Mark Guttman (2012). (I not only copy-edited the whole 600+ pages, but also advised on organization and format, and prepared the camera-ready copy for the printer) Review
- The Santa Story Revisited – by Arita Trahan (2010). Reviews
- Diary Of My Pilgrimage Of Faith – by Tecla Tawonezvi (2010). Review
- Makin’ Stuff Up – by Rand Bishop (2008).
[Note: others during this span, since roughly 2007, were either never published, or I have since lost track of them after editing. These included an adventure novel, a children’s book, a how-to spiritual volume and a sci-fi fantasy (intended to be Book One of a trilogy, but never completed).]
D. Earlier works:
- We Are The Dream – by Richard N. Hough & Dr. Frederick Ighoonodha (2007)
- Liberty Quotes – by Richard Pearl, Sr. (2002)
- Scars of the Square Needle – by Pierre R. Beaumier (1994, since reprinted in a new edition) Review Review
Well, that’s the overview, I plan to do more with this very soon, including book-cover graphics, author testimonials, etc. I just wanted to get the basics up for now.